Thursday, October 4, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent

Divergent 2

Author: Veronica Roth 
Pages: 525 pgs
Genre: YA, Dystopian
Release Date: May 1st 2012
Review Source: Purchased

I fell in love with this series last year when Divergent first came out. I told my sister that I had to force myself to slow down and savor what I was reading with that one, and I found myself doing it again.

Instead of enjoying her initiation day, Tris and the rest of her friends have to flee from Dauntless headquarters and seek safety when war breaks out. War has broken out.

Every decision Tris makes has consequences and as she faces them, Tris fights to protect those closest to her. Everything is falling apart, and as the secrets those in power want to keep hidden come to light, the lives they've clung to will be transformed.

One of the things I love about these books is how real and intense the situations are. Veronica doesn't hold back and I think that makes the story even more gripping. You can see and understand each faction, how they got to where they were and how each person fits into them. Even more so in Insurgent when we get to see the other factions besides Dauntless.

My sister and I have had a few discussions about this particular book. And one of the main things I've mentioned is how different Four was for me. In Divergent Four was all about pushing Tris to be strong and showing her that he knew that she was. That's one of the things that I loved about him. He didn't treat her like the small girl she appeared to be. Insurgent he was a bit different and seemed more overprotective of her, though he always mentioned how strong she was. I still love Four, he's one of my favorite male characters, but I think we got to see a different side of him in this book and Tris for that matter. Everybody responds to tragedy and war in different ways and Veronica showed that to us.

There are so many different facets to Insurgent especially and I don't want to give anything away. With each chapter I kept finding myself wanting to read just a little bit more because I couldn't stop where I'd wanted to. One of the focuses in this one was about the divergence. Sure it was quickly mentioned in Divergent, but it was explored more in this book and more of those who were Divergent were revealed. I loved getting a little bit more of an understand on just what that meant.

I can hardly imagine what all will happen in the final book, but I can barely wait! There's just so much that Veronica brings to the plate, so many details and thorough characters, that I'm beyond excited for the conclusion. This is one of the few dystopians, as well, that doesn't have me all squirmy and freaked out to find out what's going on.

Now, to wait patiently...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails